Retention Guide for Insurance Services
This list is not exhaustive and is intended as a guide only. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance regarding your retention obligations.
- Claims Correspondence – 3 years after settlement.
- Compressed Air Health Records – 40 years.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health – 40 years.
- EC Conformity Declaration – 10 years.
- Gas Maintenance of Residential Properties – 2 years.
- Group Health Policies – 12 years after cessation of benefit.
- Infant Settlements – Until 24th Birthday.
- Inspection Records – 6 years.
- Personal Claims – 7 years from date of claim.
- Policies & Guidance – 1 year.
- RIDDOR Reports – 3 years from the date of notification.
- Safe Systems of Work – 6 months after completion of work.
- Settlements – 7 years after claim.
- Training Records – Life of organisation.
Insurance Document Management
The Financial Services Authority is the independent non-governmental body who were given statutory powers by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The FSA recommends strict guidelines in the storage and management of highly confidential information.
EvaStore professionally manage the entire lifecycle in our secure facilities from the initial collection and cataloguing, through to document storage and retrieval, and ending in secure destruction and recycling. Employer liability insurance can often be rendered invalid if Company Health and Safety procedures do not comply with industry standards which means it is essential that you retain all insurance-related information.
- Your clients’ and your own important files and documents are managed in our modern and secure document storage facilities.
- All staff are CRB checked and bound by confidentiality agreements to protect your information.
- Registered with the ICO for data protection.
- Rapid physical or electronic retrieval of your required information.